Thursday, October 11, 2007

Welcome

Well, I was just looking for some Bearcats blogs to catchup with the recruiting and the outlook on the 08 team. Turns out, I couldn't really find any active ones ... maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I was pretty surprised, nonetheless.

As for me, I've been a fan of UC hoops for about a whopping 6-7 years. I can't really remember the exact moment I started following them, but I believe it was the night of a Xavier game (where they lost a close one) early in the 00-01 season. The next year I pretty much followed every game and was really into the team. My favorite player is/was Steve Logan and my favorite "moment" was the win against Marquette in 01-02, where Logan hit a 3 late and then dished off to Donald Little for the win moments later.

Anyway, there are a couple of reasons why I put "outsiders perspective" under the title. For one, I don't go to/didn't go to Cincinnati. I live miles and miles away and have only witnessed one game live (a win in Syracuse two years ago). I'm not a basketball expert at all and I don't really keep up with recruiting like I should (or really at all). So, if you come upon this blog looking for some Bearcats stuff, you may get it, but there's a very, very good chance you'll know a lot more about the team than me. Keep that in mind.

You might wonder why I'm making a blog then ... Well, like I said, there really isn't one out there that's active (outside of Katzowitz's, which is football too ... but seems pretty good). Also, I kind of like the "sabermetric" side of sports analysis (specifically baseball) and I figured I could learn a little about how that applies to basketball here on this blog. And, make no mistake, I'm a pretty big fan. I watch every game that's on and listen to quite a few on the internet/radio feed.

As for this blog, if you do happen to stumble upon it, don't expect too much until around the start of the season. If I get some time, I may take a look back at some things last year, but I'm not sure how many posts I'll make here in these first few weeks. I'll put a bunch of links up on the sidebar in the coming days, both for me to catch up on and for you to browse if you haven't checked them out.

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment, especially as I get this thing going. It's going to be a big bounce back year ... right!?

No comments: